P&I aims to think critically about the relations between ideas, research, and politics to support a more constructive use of research based evidence in policy making. Thus, it produces knowledge helps researchers and research organizations as well as policymakers and State agencies to develop capacities through a broad set of complementary modalities:
- Online trainings. P&I’s online courses promote peer exchange and combine the most advanced theory with practical exercises applicable to everyday work. Participants gain practical tools, working on their own experiences and apply theory to real processes.
- Face to face workshops. P&I provides various trainings (from sessions at external events to face to face workshops in different countries), seeking to help CSOs, think tanks and government agencies from around the world.
- Mentorship / Technical assistance. P&I provides technical assistance to civil society organizations and think tanks to strengthen their internal capacities, and to government agencies interested in improving the use of knowledge to inform public policy.
- Capacity development research and knowledge. P&I produces knowledge to help donors, think tanks and government agencies to design and implement capacity development processes for their grantees and staff.
P&I capacity building offer addresses key issues such as (access the issue of your interest for more information):
- Policy influence planning
- Research communications
- Monitoring & Evaluation & Learning policy influence
- Doing policy relevant research
- Governance and management
- Use of knowledge in policy making
If you are interested in P&I capacity building activities, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trainings are delivered both in English and Spanish.